Take a shot of yourself “Living Animated!” in Second Life (SL.) Show us your unique SL experience, and win big!
Submit a photo, people vote on it! Get your photo in by 1st May 2012!
VOTING opens 1 May 2012 at noon hour SLT.
VOTING closes Sunday, 30th May 8 PM SLT
WINNERS announced at live event for contestants 6th June 2012, from 6 to 8 pm SLT
• 1st prize value 21,000 Lindens
• 2nd and 3rd runner up prizes, too!
• Total prize pot worth approximately L$36,000
• No cost to enter!
There are four easy steps to enter:
1a) Take your photos, select your best one, [see: ABOUT THE PHOTO YOU SUBMIT at end] and bring it to the Animated Living store: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Vancouver%20Island/153/34/28
At the Animated Living store:
1b) The contest board is in the middle of the store. Touch a blank panel on the contest board to enter and follow the screen directions to add your photo.
1c) Use the group joiner next to the contest board to join the Animated Living (AL) group in world. You need to be in the group to keep up with the contest — leave after the contest if you wish! and don’t worry, we (honestly) don’t spam the group with crap — it’s for contest announcements.
1d) Using the Picks Kit at the contest board in the store, put Animated Living in your Profile Picks. In the kit, there is a logo and a blurb to create your Pick with. Keep the Pick active for the remainder of the contest.
2. VOTING OPENS on the photos on 1 May 2012 at noon hour SLT. Votes cost 10 L per vote, max 5 votes a day per avatar. You may vote for your own picture. (The Linden cost to vote, and the vote limit, is just to stop voting getting totally nuts, as it can in SL.) You can submit your photo after 1 May 2012, but you might have to work to catch up on the votes.
3. Voting ENDS Sunday, 30th May 8 PM SLT.
4. The three photos with the most votes (and whose submitters are still in the group and have the authorized Profile Pick for AL) go to a panel of judges, who will select what they feel is the best of the three based on photo quality, subject matter, and *usability* by Animated Living in some future advertising.
5. The winner and runners up will be ANNOUNCED at a live event at Vancouver Mall on 6th June 2012, from 6 to 8 pm SLT. You do not have to be in attendance to win. Prizes as well for others in attendance.
ABOUT THE PRIZES
- 5,000 Lindens cash
- 6,000 L value Photo Shoot with award winning photographer Lincoln Garnet of IMPACT PhotoWORX. You choose the 4 best shots from the photo shoot with him and they are yours to keep! You can see his work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepimpactdesigns/with/6692615399/ (it’s on flicker, so you may need to login.)
- Animated Living Gift Card for 10,000 L
2nd and 3rd Runners up: Animated Living mat of your choice, plus gift card worth 2,500 L.
Prizes are awarded per photo; not per person in the photo — it’s up to the person who submits the photo how s/he wants to split any prize with any others in the photo.
Prize winners must be in the Animated Living group, and have in their Profile a Pick based on the authorized Animated Living Pick Kit provided at the store.
ABOUT THE PHOTO YOU SUBMIT
- Animated Living gets to use the top 3 finalist photos in advertising, promotion, etc, so the photo should be suitable for a PG or mature audience (not x-rated adult.) Acceptance of a prize is deemed as permission for us to use your photo in our advertising. You will be acknowledged in any use as the submitter / creator of the photo.
- must not be x-rated — we can’t use that in general advertising;
- keep it classy, subtly sexy, sultry, fun, sporty, etc;
- does not have to be of you using an Animated Living product;
- think “of you enjoying life or a moment in SL”
- can be of just yourself or can have other(s) in it
- one photo submission per avatar please.
ABOUT THE VOTING MONEY
All voting monies are donated to Relay for Life to raise money for cancer; none go to Animated Living; we honestly don’t need 10 L’s lol. At the end of the contest, we will display a certificate in the store confirming that all the monies were received by Relay for Life. So get your friends out to vote for you and help a great cause.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ANIMATED LIVING?
We were looking for some new photos for some posters, and thought, hey, let’s ask our customers or their friends to help! That way, we’d get pictures of real people doing real things!